Saturday, May 31, 2008

Trash the Dress

As a web designer I am used to people from opposite ends of the spectrum voicing their opinions of my work. It isn't always fun because you usually only hear from people when they are unhappy with a product and while I am happy with the work that I provide (and thankfully so is my employer), let's just say that my complaint file is much larger than my "job well done" file.

Photography, on the other hand, has been fairly rewarding thus far because the only subjects I have photographed have been my kids which means the only person I have to impress is me. But, I know that I will never grow until I branch out and try new things and that only photographing my kids will only make my son turn and run away from the camera that much faster than he already is.

Fortunately my sister, who doesn't have a shy bone in her body, graciously offered to be my first willing subject and even brought a dress! In case you haven't heard of the latest photography phenomenon nicknamed, "Trash the Dress" let me give you a sneak peek. As always, constructive criticism is appreciated.




5 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

Love it! Can't wait to see more!

AshlieB said...

I love love love the pics! One of my favorite newborn pics of Hunter was him in only a cloth diaper (actually he had the cloth diaper over the regular diaper) in the "football hold" in Jordan's arms...it is in black and white. Anyway, I have it blown up really big over my mantel. You may have already done one like that but just thought I would share the idea cause she still looks like a newborn!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Meagan! Those are awesome pictures! They look professional to me. I love the pictures you took of June Bug :) She is so precious!

Zack said...

Great stuff here Megan!
This is professional level work here. Great and awesome! Hope you and your family are all doing well.
Grace and Peace!
Zack

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. I love that you are branching out and learning new things. The pictures are awesome. I can already tell that you are growing. Keep up the great work. You are a wonderful mom. I am blessed to call you friend.