Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sisters

I finally had the chance to photograph this sweet little family this weekend after two failed photoshoots, the first postponed by Hurricane Ike and the second cut short by a mishap and injury with the dad. This shoot however was filled with silly, happy girls and beautiful weather.



I've been asked several times over the course of the past few months as to what my secret is for capturing kiddos. The truth is that for every one or two great photos you see there are likely 40-50 really terrible ones of the backs of heads, funny faces or blurry blobs from kiddos running away from me. To see me at a shoot is to see a woman crawling on her knees, sprawled out on her back then stomach then back again, running wildly after silly kiddos and completely drenched in sweat or water in the case of the Higgins family. It is a wild ride and a great workout and more fun than I ever imagined possible. The chance to capture kids just being kids is an adventure and a pleasure all wrapped into one but not an adventure for the faint at heart. I learn something new at every single shoot, I make mistakes, I have fun and if I am lucky I get the chance to capture a glimpse of the very essence of childhood.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh I just love the Keese family!! Those pictures are gorgeous!! I can hardly wait for our shoot!